Water is one of the most essential things for our lives. Globalization, a growth of population and other factors are creating a shortage of clean water.
The development of the industrial economy is accompanied by a large amount of resources and energy consumption. Moreover, it causes serious environmental pollution. Eliminating pollution in the production process, implementing full process control is the correct path of sustainable development of the business.
Nowadays, there are many researches on industrial waste water treatment, including electrochemical methods, which can handle inorganic, organic pollutants, polluted wastewater containing non-biodegradable heavy metals. The development and expansion of technologies such as solar, wind energy has reduced the cost of electricity, allowing electrochemical methods to have a greater advantage.
Electrochemical methods include methods such as electrochemical oxidation, electrochemical flocculation, electrolytic flotation, photoelectric oxidation and internal electrolysis.
The application of electrochemical methods in wastewater treatment includes the removal and recovery of heavy metals, the treatment of biodegradable organic wastewater, drinking water disinfection and the combination of using other methods.
Vietnam has many areas heavily polluted by industrial wastewater from factories. Therefore, the process of researching, designing and manufacturing industrial wastewater treatment systems is an urgent requirement.
Organizational Capacity to implement
Electrochemical methods of industrial wastewater treatment have been applied in many countries: Germany, Russia, China and Vietnam. But the important thing is to create technology that saves energy and high processing efficiency. Experts of VinIT Institute of Technology have conducted research on this technology and achieved some successes, allowing to create products.
- Design and manufacture industrial wastewater treatment system using Electrocoagulation technology. On the other hand, the combination of using electrocoagulation technology with other technologies such as UV-sterilization, filtration and ozone technology allows increased wastewater treatment efficiency.
– Overview report and analysis of patent information for electrochemical technology.
– Design of wastewater treatment equipment using electrocoagulation technology (laboratory scale);
– Design of wastewater treatment systems using electrocoagulation technology (Industrial scale);
– Test result reporting of electrocoagulation technology.
– Design of wastewater treatment systems using combined technologies: Electrocoagulation, UV-sterilization, filtration and ozone technologies (Industrial scale);
– 01 wastewater treatment system with a capacity of 2m3/h;
Applied for wastewater treatment, especially for leachate.