The application of cold plasma in medicine has gained impressive achievements in many countries such as the US, Germany, Japan, Russia, Israel, Britain, France, Ha Lan, China, etc. Results of medical treatment have been clearly achieved in healing wounds, sealing incision wounds in surgery, treating foot ulcers caused by diabetes, acne, red acne, gum treatment, etc.
In recent years, there have been researches on cold plasma application in cancer treatment, for example, pancreatic cancer, etc., treatment of shingles, treatment of corneal lesions with bacterial ulcers, etc… More and more research have reported on the new achievements in the treatment of cold plasma diseases.
Cold plasma has been recently studied for more than a decade, plasma medicine (cold plasma application in medicine) is a new field, according to world famous experts, cold plasma is making revolution in medicine because it has great potential in treating illness.
Cold plasma is really an important factor creating new revolution in biomedical, so our country needs to grasp this rare opportunity to step into the ranks of leading countries in manufacturing research and public cold plasma technology application in medicine.
The advantages of cold plasma is that cold plasma temperature is only 30-40oC at atmospheric pressure, so we can cure many diseases with low cost, fast treatment, painless, no antibiotics, no side effects, etc., moreover, the cold plasma device itself is smaller, cheaper than similar devices.
Especially in Vietnam, the development of cold plasma technology and equipment for medical purposes is essential. Research, manufacturing and application of medical cold plasma devices will allow Vietnam to keep up with the ranks of the leading countries in that field.
1. Organizational Capacity to implement
Professor Shi Nguyen-Kuok is a leading expert in plasma field, Plasma Laboratory of Moscow Power Engineering Institute has great research achievements in deploying cold plasma technology application in medical field. The VinIT Institute’s expert team has been researching this technology for many years.
- Design and manufacture of cold plasma devices for medical use: treatment of wounds, coagulation treatment, surgery, treatment of skin diseases and in aesthetics;
- Clinical trials in the use of cold plasma devices in medical care: wound treatment, coagulation therapy, surgery, treatment of skin diseases and in aesthetics.
3. S&T contents need to be resolved
- Research and analyze patent information on cold plasma devices, cold plasma generators;
- Theoretical studies related to plasma physics, plasma medicine;
- Design and manufacture of cold plasma power supply;
- Designing and manufacturing some types of cold plasma devices for medical use: wound treatment, coagulation treatment, surgery, skin disease treatment and aesthetic;
- Complete the technology of manufacturing cold plasma devices;
- Clinical trials in the use of cold plasma devices in medical: wound treatment, coagulation therapy, surgery, treatment of skin diseases and in aesthetics;
- Develop technological process of manufacturing equipment and instructions for using medical cold plasma devices;
- Procedures for the Ministry of Health certificate for cold plama devices for medical applications.
4. Expected product creation
- Reported results of theoretical studies related to plasma physics, plasma medicine;
- Design of some cold plasma generators for medical use;
- 02 cold plasma devices used to treat wounds, surgery;
- 02 cold plasma devices used in the treatment of skin diseases, in surgery;
- Report the results of clinical trials for cold plasma devices;
- Technological process for manufacturing cold plasma devices for medical use;
- Register 02 patents;
- Register for permission to circulate cold plasma equipment of the Ministry of Health.
Cold plasma devices can be widely applied in hospitals and medical facilities nationwide, due to advantages such as simple, fast, low cost, no antibiotics, no pain, flexible, multi-functional, etc.
The other characteristic of cold plasma devices is that they are not as expensive as similar therapeutic devices, using other physical methods, often large in size, not convenient for movement and conditioning and installation conditions are much stricter.
The most effective of the device in the treatment of bacterial, viral and fungal infections, as well as in cosmetics (skin rejuvenation and wrinkles).
It can be said that cold plasma application horizon is expanding for many S&T industries, economics, etc.