The document is issued according to Decision No. XX / 05-2018 / VinIT dated May 20, 2018 by the Director of VinIT Institute of Technology.
Chapter I. Functions, tasks and jurisdictions of the Scientific Council of VinIT Technology Institute
Article 1. The Scientific Council of the VinIT Institute of Technology (hereinafter referred to as the Council) is established by the Director, including domestic and foreign scientists, experts of the Institute with high qualifications and experience in related fields. The Council has a scientific advisory function for the Director to decide on important issues of research, transfer, application, scientific and technical, technological and training activities of the Institute.
Article 2. The Council is responsible for advising the Director on:
- Strategic orientation for development of the Institute in each period; selection of research directions, programs, projects, implementation plans and solutions;
- Implementing scientific and technological tasks;
- Evaluating, appraising and reviewing the Institute’s projects, projects and results of the science and technology activities and individuals and units under the Institute;
- Contribute ideas to build and propose scientific and technological projects at the Institute level, Union level, Ministry level and National level for each year and in the term.
- Considering and proposing the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (VUSTA) to reward quality scientific works, scientific officials have many achievements in scientific research and training.
- Conduct consultancy, evaluation, appraisal and review of other scientific and technological tasks at the request of the Director.
Chapter 2. The organization of Council
Article 3. Composition of the Council
- The composition of the Council includes: Chairman of the Council; – 01 Vice Chairman of the Council; – 01 Council Secretary; and the members of the Council are established and decided by the Director, operating under the Institute’s regulations;
- The Standing Council is composed of the Chairman, Vice Chairman and Secretary of the Council;
- The Chairman of the Council, the Vice Chairman of the Council, and the Secretary of the Council shall be elected by the Conference of the Council among the Councilors and shall be adopted by the Director’s decision.
Article 4. The Standing Council is responsible for:
- Review and approve contents and programs prepared by the Secretary of the Council before the Council meetings;
- Decide on the composition of participants to attend each specific session or to participate in other works of the Council;
- Consider and approve the report prepared by the Secretary of the Council on the recommendations of each Council meeting;
- Resolving related works between two Council meetings.
Article 5. The Chairman of the Council shall have the following duties and jurisdictions:
- The Council’s leaders operate according to the provisions prescribed in the Regulation on organization and operation of the Council;
- The Standing Leaders of the Council consider issues that will be discussed in the Council meetings;
- Convene and preside the Standing meetings and the entire Council;
- Approve reports of the Council’s recommendations, conclude the issues discussed at the meetings, approve the meeting minutes;
- Promptly notify the members of the Council of guidelines and resolutions of the Party and Government directly related to the contents of the Institute’s scientific and technological activities.
Article 6. The Vice Chairman of the Council shall have the following duties and jurisdictions:
- According to the assignment of the Chairman of the Council, to assist the Chairman of the Council in leading the joint work of the Council;
- To be responsible to the Chairman for the work that he is in charge of and is entitled to decide on matters within the scope of his responsibilities and jurisdictions;
- In case the Chairman is absent, he / she is entitled to act on behalf of the Chairman and settle the Council’s affairs under the Chairman’s jurisdiction.
Article 7. The Council Secretary has the following duties and jurisdiction:
- Prepare the content, programs and working conditions for the Council’s meetings to approve by the Standing Council;
- Transferring the content, meeting agenda and necessary documents to the Council members and guests (if any) within the prescribed time limit;
- Prepare and sign minutes of summary of opinions stated in the Board meetings.
Article 8. The Councilor has the following responsibilities and authority:
- To fully participate in Council’s meetings, fully perform their functions, authority and tasks;
- Learn relevant issues to contribute ideas to the content discussed in the Council meetings;
- Learn related issues to contribute ideas to the content discussed in the Council meetings;
- Access and exploit professional data and records according to the general regulations of the government;
- Freedom to present opinions while discussing at the meetings of the Council, and at the same time take responsibility for those opinions and reserve opinions in case it is different from the Council’s decision;
- Proactively propose the Council to discuss issues under the functions and authority of the Council;
- Proposing the Institute to provide necessary information and data through the Standing Council to complete the assigned tasks.
Members of the Council are officials, domestic and foreign scientific experts of the Institute who have the capacity, wide knowledge and deep professional qualifications in the fields of work to be undertaken and dedicated to the work. Member of the Council invited by the Director. The list of Council members along with the titles in the Council is decided in writing by the Director.
Article 9. Members of the Council who have achievements in the Council’s activities shall be rewarded by the Director of the Council. A member who lacks responsibility in work, fails to fulfill duties or is absent in three consecutive sessions without plausible reasons may be dismissed by the Director before the expiry of term. period.
Article 10. In case of necessity, at the proposal of the Standing Council, the Director may issue a decision to supplement the component at a number of Council meetings.
Chapter 3. Method of operation and working relations of the Council
Article 11. Consultation method of the Council
- Extraordinary advice at the request of the Director: The Council may hold an extraordinary meeting (if it does not coincide with the periodical meeting of the Council) when the Director requests in writing;
- Regular advice on related issues according to the Institute’s plan. The Council organizes regular meetings to advise on relevant issues as provided in Article 2;
- The advice of the Council is consulted by the President before deciding related issues. After studying the advice of the Council, the Director can reply in writing within the latest period of the next regular meeting.
Article 12. Term of the Council
The term of the Scientific Council is 5 years.
Article 13. Meetings of the Council.
- The Council holds meetings periodically every 3 months. When necessary, the Chairman of the Council may hold extraordinary meetings at the request of the Director. The council can use administrative time to organize meetings;
- The Chairman of the Council may convene an extended meeting with the participation of representatives not on the list of Councilors. Invited delegates do not have the right to participate in voting on issues of the Council;
- The plenary session of the Council shall be conducted only if at least 2/3 of the total number of members of the Council attend.
Article 14. The contents of the Council meetings and related documents shall be notified to the Council members at least 5 days before the meeting. The units under the Institute relate to issues that need advice, and are responsible for providing the Council with necessary documents when required by the Council.
Article 15. The Council shall discuss on the principle of respect for science, independence, democracy, publicity and voting by majority. If opposing opinions have equal numbers, then the opinion of the Chairman of the Council is the final decision. The council may vote publicly or vote secretly at the discretion of the Council. All opinions expressed at the Board meeting must be fully recorded. The minutes of the meetings must be signed by the Chairman and Secretary of the Council and kept at the Council.
Article 16. The operation budget of the Council shall be deducted from the regular expenditure fund of the Institute’s annual scientific and technological budget according to relevant regulations (of the Government).